Roof System: Retrofit – Modified Bitumen Roof System
Area: 50,000 sq. ft.
Project Scope of Work:
- Conduct a thorough roof analysis with the owner’s representative to determine the condition of the existing roof system and a course of action that meets with the client’s needs.
- Remove existing loose BUR gravel surfacing.
- Replace and repair wet, damaged insulation and roof membrane.
- Retrofitted a recover board over the existing roof system mechanically attached into the existing metal roof deck.
- Install new base sheet and multiple plies of glass membrane covered in a high performance modified bitumen mineral surfaced cap sheet all adhered in hot asphalt.
- Installed multiple plies of base flashing covered in a high performance modified bitumen mineral surfaced cap sheet all adhered in hot asphalt
- Install new wood blocking and custom coping system.
- SR Products believes that a complete removal is not always the best course of action. The first issues were found over 8 years ago when an infrared survey was conducted. The findings were that exposed pre cast panel joints at the perimeters were ongoing maintenance issue. Annual maintenance kept the problem “manageable” for this time.
- An interior renovation required that the problem to be repaired permanently. The internal parapet walls were retrofitted with wood sheathing and blocking to absorbed movement from the panels and provide a good substrate to attach the new membrane flashings and pre-manufactured coping system.