Roof System: Existing Single Ply Roof System
Area: 116,575 sq. ft.
Project Scope of Work:
- Conduct thorough roof analysis of the existing roof system with the owner’s representative to determine the condition of the existing roof system and an approach course of action that meets with the client’s needs.
- Remove debris, clean existing roof system with bio degradable cleaner and rinse with power washer.
- Repair damaged EPDM membrane and seams with white cement and reinforcement fabric.
- Coat the existing membrane with primer.
- Installed three coats of reinforced white elastomer coating.
- Installed one first layer of coating and installed reinforced polyester fabric apply second coat while still tacky. Apply third coat next day.
- After continuing issues with the EPDM roof, it became obvious to the owners representative a roof restoration was needed due to budget limitations.
- Our analysis revealed only minor repairs were needed to the existing insulation and EPDM membrane before coating.
- A white coating system with cold white cement repairs were selected due to budget limitations. Even with the limitations this difficult job was very successful.
- Today, the Medical Center can rest easy that all their equipment is protected from the elements for many years to come.