Roof System: Modified Bitumen
Area: 10,600 sq. ft.
Project Scope of Work:
- Conduct a thorough roof analysis of the existing roof system with the owner’s representative to determine the condition of the existing roof system and an appropriate course of action that meets with the client’s needs.
- Remove existing roof system to the existing lightweight concrete deck.
- Replace wet and damaged lightweight concrete deck system.
- Installed new mechanically attached insulation system. Installed multiple plies of polyester reinforced membrane covered in a high performance modified bitumen mineral surfaced cap sheet all heat welded.
- Installed multiple plied of base flashing covered in a high performance modified bitumen mineral surfaced cap sheet all heat welded.
- Installed shop formed edge metal termination system.
- The project was originally designed and specified with EPDM roof systems to contain costs during construction.
- Due to conditions at the project that are detrimental to single ply roof systems the longevity of the system was cut short and a more robust and cost efficient system was sought.
- After considering various roof systems, under the direction of the school representative, the EPDM system was removed and a high performance modified membrane system installed as a pilot project on the auditorium roof.
- Due to the success of this project, the balance of the roof areas will use SR Products as the Basis of Design to replace the badly deteriorated EPDM roof systems.